Sunday, April 13, 2014

Second Acupuncture Treatment

April 4, 2014

Just got back from my second acupuncture appointment.  Here's a picture of the waiting room.  Bright, cheery, not the typical cold conventional Doc's

or Hospital waiting room.  I left my first appointment thinking I don't believe in this treatment but let'see how this one goes.There is another patient in the waiting room. Am I going to have to wait a long time?  Well no, this is alternative medicine and they don't keep you waiting like Conventional. The Doc takes me in to the treatment room.  I didn't realize he had more than one.


He asks how I am and I say fine. And the rash?  I think it's better but as you know from my last Blog I expected it to get better with or without Acupuncture.  He tells me to take off my shoes and socks and my "top" (shirt, he's Chinese and not super fluent in English.  I do notice this time he seems more friendly and smiles.

Then I lie on my right side on the treatment table. He puts the pins in my left ear, ankles, legs, back, back of my neck.  This time I am able to actually see the needle in my left leg which is pulled up like I am crouching but on my side. It appears about the size of pins used in sewing. As he puts in the pins he asks me if I travel alot. This leads to talking about Ukraine, which I'm thinking of visiting, then Putin and Russia.

He tells me he is adjusting my energy, and nerves, tissues, and organs and metabolism. I try to find out how all this works but he tells me it is complicated. He wires up the pins in the back of my neck and asks if I feel some "throbbing" and I tell him I do. He then leaves the room for 20 minutes to let it all happen.

Again, it's quite peaceful here.  There is soft asian music in the background very soothing. At one point my cell phone in my pocket rings .. I should have turned it off and I can't move to do that without the pins falling out.  In fact after a bit they do fall out of the back of my neck. I am thinking I might fall asleep and I think I did doze off as the next thing he comes into the room and removes the pins.

I go out to the waiting/room reception area and pay $68 for the second visit - the first was $118. He only takes cash or checks.

As I leave the office I surprise myself feeling like this is likely to work. Why?
Do you want a logical answer or the truth?  The truth is it is just a feeling and maybe because of what the Doc said, though he didn't answer my question of how it works. He said "very powerful, not chemical".

It was  pleasant experience. Nice peaceful ambiance. Soothing. And no waiting.

Thanks for reading! 







No comments:

Post a Comment