Monday, September 16, 2013

9/16/13
Woke up several times in night with terrific itching. Finally got up and reapplied ointment. Angst about Blog. Decided for time being to restrict to family and close friends and exclude docs. Major objective of Blog should be to promote healing which will be made more difficult if time spent on how to say things diplomatically. And time spent being concerned with viewers reactions can inhibit
free unconventional and open minded analysis and evaluation and freedom to explore avenues of thought with the freedom to change them as facts and impressions emerge. Was surprised when I looked in mirror. Looks better than it felt with all the itching. I am starting controlled experiment Nature vs Big Pharma. Virgin cold pressed coconut oil cream on left arm and leg and Triamcinolone on chest. back, right arm and leg. And ingestion of Prednisone. Left arm and leg belong to nature .. the rest of my body to big Pharma. Let's see which does better. Good dentist appointment this morning, teeth and gums healthy sign of overall good health along with extensive blood work up last week. All of these numerous blood tests indicate great health  smack dab in the middle of desirable range. All but one, that is, an elevated PSA (16). Confirmed with dentist that they are now routinely doing what I discovered years ago thru my research finding of a dentist in NY to treat my gums to clear infection thus avoiding removal of loose tooth recommended by top ranked Baltimore Dentist and Periodontist. Conventional treatment then was to have gums cut back making easier to clean but giving more exposed to germs. This proves the necessity of taking responsibility for finding your own solutions not just accepting conventional recommendations from top rated docs which was then to have the tooth removed. The treatment I found now is routine and has greatly reduced periodontist's business and improved health by avoiding cutting back gums and exposing oneself to infection.  Baltimore dentist remarks every visit how good this tooth is years after it was to be removed. You can't delegate responsibility for your health to anyone but yourself. You are responsible for the docs you pick and evaluating what that they tell you and for making the ultimate choices for which only you are responsible. Medical practice is a very imperfect, primitive, big pharma influenced inexact science no matter how well intentioned are its practitioners who are often subject to excessive confidence in their knowledge and abilities. I believe you must question what you are told and seek alternative information and solutions. Choose what to believe and actions to take. That is your responsibility which you shirk at your peril. On a lighter note: Humor is important to good health. Watch this video!

3 comments:

  1. Timeless video! thanks! want to try it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think they would say "don't try this at home".

      Delete
  2. When I smashed my mouth in January and drove one front tooth behind the others, the people at UMD pushed it manually back out, put a grill on 6 teeth, and I took every nerve regeneration vitamin and food I could read about and find. Two months later my tooth was apparently "saved." My regular dentist said "lot's of luck with that" in a disparaging way. I held off eating corn on the cob, I don't bite off hard things, and my tooth seems fine. So, Hugh, you are right! Go with your best inclination and fight for yourself!!!

    ReplyDelete