Monday, September 30, 2013

Bright Shining Yellow Pinpoints of Light

Am I really getting better?  Did a mirror check this AM.  Looks better to me. Less redness. The bumps that come with this rare medical disease seem to be getting smaller. Definitely not worse and at this point I am happy to be just stable. It would even be OK if I experienced a slight decline since I have cut back on the Prednisone drug and am on this rigorous juicing diet - nothing but fruit and vege fluids. and time should be allowed for this to kick in . Actually I have not had any Protein in 4, now going on 5 days except for the limited amount in the veges in my juice .  I don't recommend that and
plan to add beans and nuts to my diet but have to talk to the Naturopath Doc about that. I'm sure she'll say yes.  But, as this seems to be working, I  don't want to rock the cart.  I am as alert or more so than usual. The brain is working very well. I am not walking as fast and am weaving a tiny bit in my gait, but I think this will correct with protein.  I am sleeping less than I use to, 6-7 hours vs 9 but. I don't seem to need more. Brief naps 10 minutes work great. ............ This just in. Got an email from Johns Hopkins as I'm typing here "new test results" .. I hold my breath .. log in at their site .. and look at what they call my Hepatic Function Panel, whatever that is. Good.  All my values are within the standard ranges listed. Oh, I do recognize one category which is Protein.  How timely. Mine is 6.4,  while the standard range is 6.0-8.2. This test was run the day before I started my Killer App  juicing program so sets a basis for measuring the effects of my treatment plan.  My next appointment with my Johns Hopkins Derm Doc is Tuesday, tomorrow to review status.  At this appointment I fully expect the Doc will accept my continuing on this program if not endorsing it, given it's stability and my determination and possible slight improvement.  Now let me quickly slow down here.  This is early days, The most common duration I seem to see mentioned on the Internet for this disease is 3 yrs so I didn't expect to cure this in 4 or 5 days with juicing.  But,  trends are powerful things and, with the right trend, I do expect significant improvement in weeks and a cure in months or less if what I'm doing makes sense.  Another sign that things are getting better is the itches. I am experiencing just a little of these so that is a very nice improvement.

Yesterday, I mentioned something new, beautiful and a bit daunting. Last Friday as I sat at the very back of the highest balcony at the Baltimore Symphony and listened to the music flowing up to me, thousands of bright shining tiny yellow pinpoints of light floated in the air right beyond the balcony and above the orchestra and stage.  Quite beautiful to see. I was wondering if this was just me or something being staged it was so vivid. Like dust floating in the sunlight in an otherwise darkened room only yellow not white and bright and shining.  The pinpoints floated and swirled in one direction and then another.  I wondered. Is this being staged?  But this wasn't Christmas and no mention had been made.  I rolled my eyes around and the yellow pinpoints seemed to flow in the direction I was looking with a lag. A bit alarming. I really hoped it wasn't me. But, by intermission time I decided that even if it was "just me", it was not reason for excessive concern just another thing to deal with. Good thing, as I found out no one else had experienced this.  Later when home, I saw this phenomena again in my bathroom water and in the air as I soaked in the tub and after I shut my eyes to go to sleep.  I didn't really notice them again until late the next day as I drove in the country with the leaves turning to autumn colors in the warm September air. Thousands of tiny bright sparkling pinpoints of light floating peacefully and benign.  I haven't seen them except occasionally since, but I know they are there and look forward to adding protein to my diet to see if that causes them to vanish.

Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment