Friday, October 25, 2013

Drug Free and Groggy

10/24/13 7:30 
Tuesday I got a call from Johns Hopkins telling me that I passed the Cortisol test. So it's OK to go off the drug Prednisone. It's now the third day of being drug free and the changes are, well, dramatic.  I'm not up at 3AM like before.  Today I got up at 7. Almost 9 hours and that's before the day's naps.  Yesterday I got 10 1/2 hours including naps. While on the drug I was doing fine with 6 1/2 to 7 1/2 hours.  A big change.  


And I'm feeling groggy, not alert as before.  My mind is not buzzing with all kinds of ideas so this post will be brief. 

I still haven't solved the feet problem.  Lots of ideas have been offered.  I put on Coconut oil and Vaseline and different socks but haven't found the right socks. or solution.   My feet dry out and feel like cardboard and I need to keep them moist to avoid cracking.  So that is still a challenge.

10/25/13 7:30
I think I'm catching up on my sleep after my drug induced deprivation :).  I've been tired and my mood without drug enhancement has not been as perky.  However, I think I'm getting my spirit back.  It makes me think all the more reason to get off drugs.  They are really insidious and it makes me wonder how much of our national psychology is affected by the Docs' eagerness to dispense drugs for every known or imagined ailment. 

I got some micro fiber socks which I'm wearing under hiking socks so I think that may be working a little better on the feet, holding the Vaseline against my feet so they don't dry out and crack. A friend suggested Nitrile, sythetic rubber, gloves.  They seem to work pretty good. I notice they are used in "food handling".  I won't wear these full time as I want my hands to breathe. 

It's day 30 of my "juice fast".  No solid food for 30 days.  Just fresh prepared juice from veges and fruits, vege broth, smoothies of avocado, banana and protein powder.  Hopefully, progress continues although changes appear to be slight which I guess is to be expected as the dramatic changes in the rash coverage have already occurred.

So that's it for now.  Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment