Tuesday, October 1, 2013

How Can You Help?

How can you help?  You already are.  By reading this Blog. Knowing that you may find this interesting, informative, entertaining, any or all of these makes it all worthwhile. More importantly, the thought that together in a small or large way we may be able to help others.  Please email this link for the blog to your friends and anyone else you think could benefit!


Big day today.  Meetup with my Johns Hopkins Derm Doc.  Did a full body check and everything I said yesterday applies.  Looking better.  How much? Well one thing will help me determine that.  What she sees.  Since I'm checking every day the changes are slight one day to the next, but for her it's a week.  Neither of us is completely objective.  I may be seeing what I want to see and she may be wanting to see that she has the evidence to postpone this "experiment" (my word for what she might be thinking of my treatment plan), and move me onto her plan that she thinks is far more soundly based.  No criticism of either of us implied here.  We all have our biases, points of view, without which we probably couldn't function.  The challenge here is to filter them out. And the best way to meet that challenge is to listen to what others have to say with an open mind.  Not easy, but essential for best results.

Got two great emails yesterday.  One from a first time reader friend whose first comment was  "Rock on Hugh!". Another from a Nova Scotian friend who was dazzled by the pictures of food saying "Beautiful Veggies".  She has a gorgeous, very large garden, flowers and vegetables. And since the stores up there don't have any near the selection we do, I told her I have to talk to her about getting some of those veges when I get back up there.  My cottage is just across the brook from her garden and I could sneak over in the night. But, this is rural country.  Few people. And she would know immediately who it was :).

Breaking news.  This just in, an email from Johns Hopkins. New test results. Hold my breath and go to the site. Tests are for Hepatitis. Results are negative. Whew! OK.  Uh oh.  This is embarrassing.  I just checked my Johns Hopkins appointment. It's next Tuesday, not today.  Oh well, that's good news, other than the embarrassment.  Gives me another week to show improvement before checking with the Doc and frees up the day. Super.

Yesterday I visited this Korean store suggested by another friend.  I felt like a kid in a candy store. Mostly Asian customers.  What does that tell us?











I posted my treatment program today.  So that you can see exactly what I'm doing and by reading the Blog, know how well it works. Hope this will be of help to other PRP people.

Thanks for reading and inviting others to read!

No comments:

Post a Comment