Sunday, October 6, 2013

Doc Says "Dramatic Improvement !"

"Dramatic Improvement. The pictures don't Lie!"  says Derm Doc #1 whom I've had for years and retained while I've added John Hopkins Derm Doc #2.  He has taken pictures of my torso on my visits to him and the new ones taken and reviewed at my appointment Friday confirm I am curing, and rapidly. Far more rapidly than I had expected or even hoped.


It's day 10 of my current treatment plan: scaled down Prednisone drug inside my body and Coconut oil on its surface together with the other elements described on my treatment program writeup. The Doc zaps some pre-cancerous growths which I've had him do twice/year for a number of years. I tell him one big one (1 inch) I'd like to retain as I think these things are reducing and I'm keeping track of it's size.  He says sure, so I know it's not serious in spite of it's size.

Later, in the evening, a friend at a monthly neighborhood gathering confirms my significant improvement noting my arms look much better without the pustules covering them last month.

So it's a fact.  The treatment program is working and the implications are, well, awesome.  And I don't think I'm exaggerating here. This is a disease that, from what I see on the web, lasts typically 3 years and I expect I will be through with it in 3 months!  It is quite debilitating - an unsightly and itchy rash covering your entire body. Some, have had it for 10 or 20 years. People try all kinds of topical skin creams  to ease the suffering. The Docs prescribe the topical steroid creams for your skin.  And the Docs prescribe, Clobetasol, Prednisone, Methotrexate drugs, all with side effects and without evidence (at least  in my experience or what I see on the Internet) that these treatment programs work consistently, if at all.   What is working for me is my "Killer App".  A very natural way of healing.  And it makes sense to me why it would work whereas the other approaches don't, since it addressess the cause of the disease not just the symptoms.

I got my "Killer App"  from the suggestions of a Naturopath Doc in Nova Scotia who works out of a small unpretentious friendly office  It was she who helped me deal with my Prostate Cancer issue naturally and successfully 8 years ago without the invasive potentially harmful treatments a number of  Conventional Docs proposed (with great urgency in spite of the risks involved and lack of necessity as subsequent events proved).  I think of the Naturopath's simple office versus the  "Temples of Medicine",  the huge oppressive and depressing hospitals and the huge funding that supports them so inefficiently.

Thanks to a Nurse Practitioner friend, I have just learned that the Methotrexate drug the Johns Hopkins Docs are recommending that I go to next (now not necessary) and which I decided not to take, is a drug with a "black box warning", a drug  with very dangerous side effects including fatality.  They did not tell me this. Instead I was told this drug had a long and quite safe history treating, in particular, rheumatism.  So this is a puzzle.  I find it hard to get my head around the idea that they  would  purposely mislead me, or that I misunderstood them or that they are not nice people, or that they could be ignorant of the published data available to all with a simple one word Google search. What saved me here was was the Alternative available and my "default position" to choose the Alternative over the Conventional where available for reasons I outlined in a previous post.

"We've seen this movie before" is an expression that runs through my head as I think of my experience with Prostate Cancer when I got uniformly bad advice from a number of  Docs who pushed for invasive and potentially dangerous treatments in spite of the risks involved and the ultimately demonstrated lack of necessity.  My experience in second guessing the Docs then has well prepared me for navigating through this minefield today.

Tuesday, I have an appointment with my John Hopkins Derm Doc when I'll try to get answers to this puzzle of misinformation.  It should be a very interesting meeting!

That's it for now. It's a very happy day.  I look forward to a continuing and rapid recovery and what I can learn and share with you from this adventure.  Thanks for reading!

2 comments:

  1. Posting the pictures may be helpful for others. Feeling is not seeing. So few have the condition, points of reference are reduced to grainy pictures in textbooks. Share the good news.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks. The Doc has the pics not me. And they are not real pretty, so I prefer to leave this to the imagination. But if you Google you'll get the idea what it looks like.

    ReplyDelete